Cell Site Technician - Wilkesboro
POSITION TITLE: CELL SITE TECHNICIAN LEVEL: NON- EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: NETWORK OPERATIONS MANAGER
Maintain and improve network performance. Perform preventive and emergency maintenance on various network elements.
- Identify issues by reviewing daily stats, performing drive tests, and scheduling quarterly preventive maintenance which is performed in a maintenance window.
- Install and maintain cell site equipment adhering to engineering standards.
- Maintain cell site appearance adhering to company standards and safety standards.
- Ensure company vehicles and equipment are in good working order and properly secured at all times.
- Maintain regular contact with customers, vendors, supervisors, managers, and other departments.
- Respond to and resolve trouble tickets in a timely manner.
- Accept training and practice self-development.
- Accept on-call responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory duties.
Education: Associates Degree in IT or Electronics Engineering or 3 years equivalent work experience.
Work Experience: 2 - 3 years of equivalent work experience preferred.
Special skills/knowledge/abilities required: Ability to troubleshoot issues utilizing electronic equipment. Requires knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the network operations field. Good driving record and valid Driver License. Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Typing and computer skills required including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
Physical Requirements: Bending, stooping, lifting, sitting, standing. Use of computer/keyboard and general office equipment. Able to lift/carry up to 70 pounds.