Carolina West Wireless (“CWW”) and affiliates call to attention important information pertaining to your wireless service found in this Fair Use Policy. CWW may revise this policy from time to time; all revised copies of this Fair Use Policy are effective immediately upon posting to www.carolinawest.com and/or www.mybarkmobile.com
The speed of the CWW Wireless data network is measured in Kilobits (kb) per second. However, the amount of data transmitted over the CWW data network is measured in Kilobytes (KB), Megabytes (MB) or Gigabytes (GB).
At CWW, it is our goal to ensure equitable network access is available to all subscribers. This policy includes a data consumption levels cap of 3GB per monthly bill cycle to which a subscriber may use including upload and download transmissions within a stated period of time. If you exceed the 3GB cap, you may be charged for additional usage at a rate of $9.99 per GB. If you subscribed to a plan that includes unlimited data usage, CWW will temporarily reduce the speed at which you can send and receive data over the network once the 3GB threshold has been reached. In addition, other traffic management and prioritization tools to help ensure equitable access to the CWW network for all subscribers. Your service speed is not guaranteed and is subject to this Fair Use Policy.
The following items are considered “misuse” and may result in decreased data speeds, suspension or termination of service:
- Using the Service or Device to engage in any activity that is considered unlawful or that negatively affects our company, customers, employees, reputation of the service provided.
- Any act that interferes with our operations, network,, or ability to provide quality service.
- Generation or dissemination of viruses, malware or “denial of service” attacks.
- Tampering with or modifying your device.
- "Spamming" or engaging in other abusive or unsolicited communications, or any other mass, automated voice or data communication for personal, commercial or marketing purposes.
- Using the Service as a dedicated data connection, or in connection with any server or host applications, including continuous Web camera broadcasts, automated data feeds, machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing applications that are broadcast to multiple servers or recipients.
- The use or deployment of “Bots” also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet Running software or other devices that maintain continuously active Internet connections when a computer’s connection would otherwise be idle, or “keep alive” functions.
- CWW reserves the right to deny, modify or terminate service, without notice, to anyone whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We may monitor your compliance with the above but will not monitor the content of your communications except as otherwise expressly permitted or required by law.
Approximate Data Usage Examples
Basic information and examples showing the approximate data usage for several common Internet activities appear below.
Note: The above examples are just estimates, based on approximate size assumptions. Actual file sizes and user experiences will vary.